Sept. 2, 2021
Dear PGW Family and Friends,
As our community, country, and the world continue to deal with the pandemic, the news, and the fear of the unknown; it seems prudent to communicate what the church is doing to mitigate the spread of the disease while staying true to its call to glorify God and love our neighbors.
Many in our community have been vaccinated and even taken the booster shot. However, we hear of cases recently of vaccinated people who have contracted the virus. That is cause for each of us to redouble our efforts to remain vigilant with handwashing and avoiding physical contact with people not in our regular family or social circles.
Here are some tips and reminders that have not changed since this pandemic began:
- We continue to offer a beautiful and live-streamed version of the PGW worship service each week on our YouTube channel. Please, if you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, stay home and worship with us online. Communion can be delivered to your front door if you call the office before Weds of the week.
- We offer a Wednesday service each week that averages 15 people. It is a Eucharist and healing service. It lasts no longer than 45 minutes, and there is plenty of room for people wishing to maintain social distance.
- Our 8 & 11 AM services still are not at capacity and offer a safe and spacious environment for worshippers who want to maintain social distance. We will continue to open doors as weather allows, and no passing of the peace will remain in effect.
- The clergy and ushers will continue to disinfect their hands before serving. The clergy who wishes to will continue to meet parishioners out front after the service, trying to avoid crowding or unnecessary contact.
- The Nave, restroom, and common spaces of the church continue to be cleaned 2 times per week, and we will stay with our individual cups for communion wine.
- Finally, as the fall nears and Sunday School returns, we want to encourage folks to register and RSVP on REALM for the first couple of Sunday’s so the staff and teachers can be prepared for the attendees in each of the classrooms.
Thank you all for your patience and continued support of this church. Please contact one of our vestry members or me if you have additional questions or concerns.
In His Love,
Gary Beson II, Rector PGW