A Vision for Prince George Winyah
The Vision Statement:
Our vision is to be a Bible-based, Christ-centered, Anglican tradition congregation that earnestly seeks (1) to grow in our maturity as disciples of Jesus Christ; (2) to become more effective in leading people to faith in Christ; (3) to become a church that sends out disciples of Christ into ministry; and (4) to embody Christ more visibly in our community. To fulfill this vision, Prince George will focus on five areas – Learning, Loving, Worshiping, Serving, and Proclaiming Jesus.
1. A Learning Church: Prince George is committed to the in-depth study of scripture, Christian theology, and church doctrine as foundational to all we do as a Bible-based congregation
2. A Loving Church: We are committed to loving one another with God’s love, to praying for one another, to helping one another in times of need and to celebrating with one another in times of joy.
3. A Worshiping Church: Prince George is committed to growing in our passion, discipleship, joy and intimacy with the Lord through times of corporate worship and individual devotions.
4. Serving Church: Prince George is committed to giving our financial and personal resources to help needy or vulnerable people in our community and beyond our state and nation, always in the context of sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ
5. A Proclaiming Church: Prince George is committed to proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed as we witness to God’s grace and love and Christ’s redeeming sacrifice to one another, to friends and neighbors, and to people we encounter in ministry.